1/4 cup minced pancetta
1/4 cup minced spring onion or wild ramps
2 cloves minced garlic
2 bunches fresh picked large asparagus (peeled and ends trimmed)
1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano
4 large farm fresh eggs lightly beaten
1 lb fresh tagliatelle pasta
4 oz homemade breadcrumbs (seasoned with a little olive oil and salt and pepper)
1. Salt one large pot of water for the pasta, turn on high to achieve a rapid boil.
2. In a large sauté pan, render the pancetta over medium to high heat with a small amount of olive oil, which will help to cook the pancetta evenly.
3. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for a couple of minutes until translucent.
4. Next add the shiitake and cook through; turn down the heat but keep hot.
5. The water should now be at a full boil. Blanch the asparagus for one minute and shock in ice water until completely cold, but keep the pot of water at a boil. Remove from water and dry; slice the asparagus across and then length-wise to yield a thin size similar to the linguini.
6. Cook the pasta in the same boiling water.
7. When the pasta is almost cooked, heat the sauté mixture along with the asparagus noodles; season and taste.
8. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk a little to allow for even distribution.
9. When the pasta is cooked, strain and immediately drop into the eggs, followed by the vegetables, pancetta, and some parmesan – toss all thoroughly.
10. Plate and finish with parmesan and a generous sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
11. The final dish should be twirled together and a bit springy to the touch.