- Albertina Kerr Centers (Portland, OR)
- American Red Cross, Camden County (Pennsauken, NJ)
- Animal Welfare Association (Voorhees, NJ)
- Anna Sample Complex/VOA (Camden, NJ)
- Down Syndrome Indiana (Indianapolis, IN)
- Food Bank of South Jersey (Pennsauken, NJ)
- Friends of Camden Animal Shelter (Blackwood, NJ)
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission (Philadelphia, PA)
- Higher Ground Youth Challenge (Denver, CO)
- Humanitarian Service Project (Carol Stream, IL)
- Kingsway Learning Center (Haddonfield, NJ)
- Larc School (Bellmawr, NJ)
- MANNA (Philadelphia, PA)
- Meals on Wheels/Salvation Army (Camden, NJ)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater Delaware Valley (Philadelphia, PA)
- New Visions Homeless Day Center (Camden, NJ)
- Omosaze (Mableton, GA)
- Philabundance (Philadelphia, PA)
- Providence House (Willingboro, NJ)
- Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey (Camden, NJ)
In recognition of its 2009 sales year, Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) shared its success in the form of Celebration Grants. "I think it's a great way to celebrate Subaru's record-breaking sales year and give back to the communities that helped make us successful," said Jim Pernas, director, Subaru Portland zone.
As part of its commitment to the communities in which Subaru employees work and live, SOA gave grants to 20 organizations. "I saw that some organizations were very local, very grassroots, and this grant would make a significant difference to them," explained Denise Schwartz, e-contact team leader, Subaru Customer/Dealer Services.
Recipients were selected from existing and past relationships whose funds benefit the communities of Subaru offices. Employees voted on which organizations would receive the grants. "There are a lot of regional offices that have specific charities they work with, and for us to be able to award again based on popularity vote is great," commented Debbie Jeffries, distribution administrator, Subaru Central Region.
Subaru of America, Inc. believes in supporting the communities in which its employees live and work. To that end, Subaru builds community partnerships with organizations that share its drive and passion. These organizations are primarily ones that enhance the academic learning experience for young people.