The Subaru B5-TPH concept car embodies the crossover elements of the future in a sport specialty vehicle. These include a crossover between a gasoline engine and electric motor and between a sport wagon and SUV.
The Subaru B5-TPH blends fun-to-drive styling and functionality. The styling emphasizes both elegance and power.
- The Turbo Parallel Hybrid (TPH) power train is a new AWD hybrid system, combined with advanced, integrated Symmetrical AWD
- Exterior design blends the characteristics of a sport wagon, personal coupe and SUV – accentuating the crossover of design and function
- Versatile handling and maneuverability are available both on and off the road with 7.9" ground clearance and 19" wheels
- The wide, glass canopy covers open, sun-filled interior space – highlighting the balance of functionality and comfort
- The coupe wagon was designed around the concept theme of a vehicle for long-weekend getaways for couples of any age
- The electric motor integrates the critical functions of propelling the wheels, generating electricity and recharging the battery during regenerative braking
- 2.0-liter, horizontally opposed, four-cylinder, DOHC, Miller-cycle engine with Active Valve Control System offers improved fuel economy
- A manganese lithium-ion battery pack powers the motor generator
- The thin electric motor generator is placed between the engine and torque converter for the automatic transmission, directly connected to the crankshaft
- The control unit includes the Intelligent Power Module (IPM), converter, motor controller and condenser